- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
- Changes ahead of a comprehensive report due in autumn.
- A fifth of self-employed people will face extra one-off costs.
- As many as 24,000 jobs could be created.
- Cutting red tape in international trade is a priority.
Want to talk instead?
We get it. At Diamond, we're talkers, too. If you've got a question about accountancy or want to explore an business idea with one of our expert advisers, call, email or message us now.